Drawings – Greece 2018
These drawings were done during three months spent in Greece in 2018; in Athens and Kardamyli, and on the islands of Hydra, Serifos and Sifnos. The drawings were created using ink-based markers and some aquarelle pencils on acid free paper. The selection of derelict or neglected buildings in Athens was not seen as symbolic of Greece but regret at the loss of such architecture. On the islands the colour and style are markedly different and reflect the past communities, their closeness, and the natural delight of plain surfaces, patterned pathways and mixed influences.
Read more about Max Grierson and these drawings in the USA publication “Greek City Times” here.
Contact / Sales Information
ALL DRAWINGS WITH MOUNT
- Colours may vary slightly from your device’s display to the original
- All original art work approximately A4 size, on paper
- Art work is supplied mounted (50.8mm x 40.6mm / 20″ x 16″) and backed but not framed
- Mount supplied in white unless requested otherwise
- Acid free paper
- Multi media – ink dyes and aquarelle pencils
- Images have a matte or gloss varnish – Archival Safe / UVLS
- Image sizes variable approx. 200mm x 300mm
- Email – image number, address, mail or pickup (we are located in Middle Park, Melbourne)
- We will supply bank transfer details upon receipt of your email